Services of the Port of Hamburg provide excellent support to Indian shipment and trading companies
The Port of Hamburg is Germany’s Gateway to the World and the second largest port in Europe. In 2013, the total cargo turnover accounted for 139 million tonnes with 98% of the cargo being containerized. Both import and export of seaborne cargo have increased by 5.4% and 7.2% respectively between 2012 and 2013. At the same time, the cargo handled from/to Asia has increased by more than 8%.
In 2011, the Hamburg Representation Mumbai office was established to deepen the economic, political, cultural and academic ties between India and the region of Hamburg, Due to India’s importance for the logistic, shipping and trade sector in the Northern German region, the Port of Hamburg is one of the founding partners of the Hamburg Representation Mumbai. With a direct office and representation in India, the port can serve its Indian customers better and is able to promote the region of Hamburg as a logistic hub in Europe more effectively.
Services offered by Port of Hamburg include:
· With the PORTlog –your virtual freight village, the Port of Hamburg facilitates companies and individuals worldwide with a platform to find service providers engaged in the fields of transport, handling, warehousing and other services. The website is available in 7 languages and allows service suppliers to list their company details under specific categories. This helps customers to quickly search and filter the results. Please check out the PORTlog at www.portlog.de/en.
· With its dense network of over a hundred worldwide liner services and its outstanding transport links, the Port of Hamburg fulfils a vital function in global foreign trade both for the economy of Germany and the global economy in general. The Liner Service Database reports liner company’s and agent’s direct connections via the Port of Hamburg as well as transhipment opportunities and other additional services offered by NVOCCs. Please find more details at www.portofhamburg.com/en/linerservices.
· HPC Hamburg Port Consulting GmbHis the leading management consultant in the worldwide port and transport sector. It is an independent company within Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) group and provides expert knowledge in the field of Business Development and Strategy, Technical Assistance and Management, Terminal Development and Design, Engineering, Software and IT Solutions and Project Management. To find more information, kindly visit the website: www.hamburgportconsulting.de.
· The Port of Hamburg Magazine is a bilingual quarterly magazine that informs about news, activities and events of the maritime sector in Hamburg and the Port of Hamburg in general. The PDF version can be downloaded here: www.hafen-hamburg.de/en/content/port-hamburg-magazine-22014. If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Port of Hamburg Magazine, kindly contact Mrs. Hannah Truxius.
· The annual Port of Hamburg Handbook provides all partners, clients and companies interested in the Port of Hamburg with wide ranging information on the potentials and capacities of the maritime and logistics sector in Hamburg and the region. The PDF version can be downloaded here: www.hafen-hamburg.de/content/port-hamburg-handbook-2014. If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Port of Hamburg 2014 Handbook, kindly contact Mrs. Hannah Truxius.
· Additional supporting servicesat the Port of Hamburg are designed to meet all the demands of the port customer. Services range from traditional cargo handling, warehousing, container repair and leasing through value-added services and logistics right up to IT and communications solutions. You can find detailed information on the port of Hamburg website at www.portofhamburg.com/en/list/Maritime%20Services.
<< Back to Blog
We look back at the India Week Hamburg 2017!
"If a city like Hamburg gives a country like India the space to present itself in all its facets, then this is a wonderful initiative, for which I congratulate the City of Hamburg.", says Ulrich Bäumer, Partner at Osborne Clarke in the DMA interview and we can only agree enthusiastically. Find out more about the past events in our blog post and the short videos of the Medienakademie Hamburg....More