International internship in the Hamburg Representative Office Mumbai starting from July 2023
The Hamburg Representative Office Mumbai is the official representation of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg in India. The focus of our work is on the economic, cultural and academic relations between Hamburg and Mumbai.
We support Hamburg-based and Indian companies and institutions as a point of contact for the respective other country in order to establish and expand successful and long-term contacts. The Hamburg representative office is supported by the Hamburg Senate Chancellery, the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, the Port of Hamburg Marketing e.V., Hamburg Invest and Hamburg Messe und Congress. In addition, the Hamburg representative office is located at the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce (AHK India) and benefits from the excellent networks in India and Hamburg.
As a Project Trainee (Intern) at Hamburg Representative Office Mumbai, you will support our daily work and ensure that everything runs smoothly. Your tasks include the preparation of research work, data management, text editing and production, trade fair assistance and participation, contact and mediation to Indian companies, project management, as well as supporting in press and digital media tasks. The work focuses on logistics, economics, current political developments, education and culture in India and Hamburg. You will work independently in a highly motivated, high-performance team and experience the Indian mega metropolis of Mumbai up close.
- Student of economics, (international) marketing, intercultural communication, social sciences or comparable courses (e.g. Indology)
- Analytical and solution-oriented thinking as well as independent and structured work
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence
- Ability to develop and implement own ideas and to optimize existing systems
- Excellent German and English skills as well as very good MS Office skills
- Strong interest in German-Indian relations as well as Hamburg in particular
The internship will be in Mumbai with a duration period of 3-4 months.
The intern must pay for living expenses as well as flight, visa and foreign health insurance.
Please send your English application documents (letter of motivation, CV and corresponding job references and certificates) by e-mail to:
Ms. Sameeha Pradeep Sule (Chief Representative of Hamburg)